NFSv4 with Kerberos and no_root_squash

Hi folks,

Not long ago I managed to get NFSv4 to work together with Kerberos (gss/
krb5i or gss/krb5p), but apparently there's a limitation. It has to do
with exports that include the "no_root_squash" option and then attempting
to allow root on the clients to write to them; this always results in a
"Permission denied" error.

Is there a solution for this, or a workaround?

For me this is important, because one of the sites I maintain uses NFS
for home directories and the workstations have an elaborate logout script
in /etc/X11/Xreset.d/ that runs as root (the script contains many sudo
commands to make changes to the user's home directories). Therefore, one
solution would be to avoid running the logout script as root, but AFAIK
that's not possible.

Thanks,

Jaap