RE: v4.0 CB_COMPOUND authentication failures

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 10:39 -0700, Frank Filz wrote:
> > > If you mount by IP do you really care about krb5 ? Probably not, maybe
> > > that's a clue we should not even try ...
> > >

> > It's certainly possible that someone passes in an IP address but then says
> "-o
> > sec=krb5". It has worked in the past, so it's hard to know whether and how
> > many people actually depend on it.
>
> Mount by ip is sometimes used with clustered servers, especially when they
> have all their IP addresses in the DNS record. Even using a FQDN that just
> specifies that one IP address probably won't work then (since it probably is
> NOT the hostname used in the server credential).

I do not understand this, using an IP address or a name that resolve to
said IP address is the same.

As long as the server has a keytab with a key in that name it should
just work fine, even if the hostname on the actual machine is different.

If this does not work it is a bug in rpc.svcgssd/gss-proxy, and should
be fixed, not something to try to work around using IP addresses.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York