Re: Should exportfs/mountd cope with case-insensitive directory names.

On Thu, 3 Apr 2014 17:36:10 -0400 "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> (BTW:  I also noticed the other day that systemd is calling
> name_to_handle_at to get a mount id.  Seems like overkill in both
> cases--shouldn't there be a simpler way to get just the mount id?)

Yes, it is called "xstat" and is an extensible version of stat which even
includes a 'query' bitmap to list which things you want.

Unfortunately it never made it to mainline.  We should submit a patch to
systemd to get it to use xstat instead of name_to_handle_at.  That would
ensure that the kernel implemented it double-quick :-)

NeilBrown