Re: Kernel oops/panic with NFS over RDMA mount after disrupted Infiniband connection

Hi-

On Mar 27, 2014, at 12:53 AM, Reiter Rafael <rafael.reiter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 03/26/2014 07:15 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:
>>
>> Hi Rafael-
>>
>> I’ll take a look. Can you report your HCA and how you reproduce this issue?
>
> The HCA is Mellanox Technologies MT26428.
>
> Reproduction:
> 1) Mount a directory via NFS/RDMA
> mount -t nfs -o port=20049,rdma,vers=4.0,timeo=900 172.16.100.2:/ /mnt/
> 2) Pull the Infiniband cable or use ibportstate to disrupt the Infiniband connection
> 3) ls /mnt
> 4) wait 5-30 seconds

Thanks for the information.

I have that HCA, but I won’t have access to my test systems for a week (traveling). So can you try this:

 # rpcdebug -m rpc -s trans

then reproduce (starting with step 1 above). Some debugging output will appear at the tail of /var/log/messages. Copy it to this thread.

>> Do you (or does anyone) know whether OpenSuSE uses the stock upstream providers, or has any of OFED been applied to this kernel?
>
> My first post was misleading -- I use the vanilla 3.10.17 kernel, and the error occurs with and without Mellanox OFED. The above report
> references the vanilla kernel.
>
> Rafael
>
> --

Chuck Lever