Re: Optimal NFS mount options to safely allow interrupts and timeouts on newer kernels

On Mar 6, 2014, at 11:02 AM, Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mar 6, 2014, at 10:59, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> What? How? If that were the case, we would have a blatant read bug. As I read the current code, _any_ error will cause the page to not be marked as up to date.
>>
>> Agree, the design is sound. But we don’t test this use case very much, so I don’t have 100% confidence that there are no bugs.
>
> Is that the royal ‘we’, or are you talking on behalf of all the QA departments and testers here? I call bullshit…

If you want to differ with my opinion, fine. But your tone is not professional or appropriate for a public forum. You need to start treating all of your colleagues with respect, including me.

If anyone else had claimed a testing gap, you would have said “If that were the case, we would have a blatant read bug” and left it at that. But you had to go one needless and provocative step further.

Stop bullying me, Trond. I’ve had enough of it.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com