Re: Getting 'not supported' when trying to mount IPv6 NFS v3 server.

On Oct 21, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Ben Greear <greearb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, the problem I reported earlier with failing to unmount was fixed
> by the back-ported patch.
>
> Now, another problem is reported by my user.  In this case, they are
> trying to mount an IPv6 NFS server using NFSv3.  Kernel is 3.9.11+,
> with patches to support binding mount points to local IP (v4/v6) addresses.
>
> Some NFS over IPv6 mounts work fine, but some do not.  A reboot of the
> NFS client machine did not fix the problem.
>
> I have tried to reproduce the problem locally, but so far everything works fine
> for us.
>
> From my own app's logs:
>
> # mount -t nfs [4001:1::1:1]:/vol/vol1 /mnt/lf/RDnfse11c0 -o srcaddr=4001:1::1:201,vers=3
> # requested NFS version or transport protocol is not supported
>
> When this problem happens, I do not see any network traffic when trying to mount.

Did you look for the mount protocol when getting a network trace (filter "rpc" in wireshark).

Could you:

  1) run "rpcdebug -m nfs -s mount" before mounting, post output of dmesg after mount fails.

  2) add -v to the mount command and post the output

  3) maybe get rid of srcaddr= option / post info about the ip configuration

-dros