RE: pynfs updates

> One more problem: CSID10 is failing against the Linux server with
> NFS4ERR_TOO_MANY_OPS, because each of those lookups is actually a full
> lookup from PUTROOTFH to /, resulting in 17 ops on my setup.  Could we
> maybe work relative to the parent directory instead?

Sure, I'll rework that one.

> > A better test might actually be to do LOOKUP down to home and even
> > into tmp, looking for a junction, and then do the
> > SECINFO_NO_NAME(parent) on the directory handle just across the
> junction if one was found.
>
> Yeah it'd be nice to check that cross-filesystem case but I don't think
it's
> necessary (and you still have to deal with the case where a mountpoint's
not
> found).

Well, the cross file system case is actually where you would need to use
SECINFO_NO_NAME. For some reason, you just have a handle to a directory
inside the export and want to navigate back up the tree. In doing so, you
cross back over a junction to a file system that is exported with a
different security flavor.

On the other hand, generally that higher level file system should include
all the security flavors used by the lower level file systems. Unless
SECINFO_NO_NAME lets you cross a junction where the new file system doesn't
have security flavors in common with the upper level file system, but I
don't think it does. Does anyone know the rationale of SECINFO_NO_NAME
(parent)? In fact is there really any use of SECINFO_NO_NAME other than to
get the secinfo for the root or public file handle? I guess it does also
allow a client to recover from the security flavors for a given file system
being changed on the fly (or perhaps after a migration event).

> If tests at mountpoints were useful perhaps we could pass in a mountpoint
> on the commandline.  Or add some sort of export-configuration interface to
> the serverhelper script and let pynfs setup exports itself.

Frank