Re: Hard to debug NFS loss of connectivity

Le Thu, 5 Sep 2013 16:45:36 -0400 vous écriviez:

> Well, it sounds like you have a reproducer that shouldn't be *too*
> huge (the test where it freezes after stat'ing 25 files).
>
> What do you see on the network in that case?

I didn't look yet what's actually happening, out of the drop in network
throughput.

> Are you literally using just tcpdump?  Wireshark will give more
> (and easier to read) information.

I didn't install tcpdump yet, but isn't wireshark with a GUI? I can't
run anything with a GUI, this is a remote site behind several ssh
portals. So I should run tshark, then get my hands on the results to
analyze them with wireshark on my PC. Will try that.

> Does the server stop responding at some point, or reply with an error?

No response. I don't know if the server actually stops responding or if
something's wrong on the client side. Unfortunately I don't have
access to any other NFS client on this network, out of this VM and the
server itself. When rebooting the VM reconnects to the server  all by
itself, so the server most probably is OK at all times.

> Or does the getattr reply on the problem file look odd in any way?

Not odd at all; it just stops after a particular file, though this file
and the following files can be accessed OK before I run the failing
test.

regards,