Re: Problem with sharing mounted iso

On Mon, 8 Jul 2013 14:47:00 +0200
Johan GUILBAUD <guilbaud.johan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have a problem to access a mounted ISO through NFS protocol
>
> i have a server (RHEL6) on which are mounted ISOs
> i have a lot of client accessing files into ISO via the NFS share
>
> My problem is clients (RHEL5 & 6, Solaris 8 & 10) don't see content of
> ISO folder
>
> In example :
>
> on NFS server i have a folder /pub/ where the ISO are mounted (ie :
> with the iso mybeautifuliso.iso on the mount point
> "/pub/mybeautifuliso/") there are also, for test, text files in /pub/
> NFS shares content of /pub
>

> Client see tests text files, and folder "mybeautifuliso" but this one
> is empty...
>

> thanks for help

Exports don't cross mountpoints by default, so if you exported "/pub"
no filesystem mounted under it will be automatically exported. The best
solution is to explicitly export those filesystems as well -- i.e. add
an export of "/pub/mybeautifuliso". Then, when clients wander into
those directories they should see the contents.

--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>