RE: NFSERR_STALE on umount with 3.10.0.RC5 kernel

As I said, the umount.nfs utility is doing the umount system call after UMNT, so the client does a lookup of the umount path at that time.

IOW: This has nothing to do with the kernel. If you feel it is a bug, then please ask SteveD to file a fix against nfs-utils.

Cheers
  Trond