Re: Can't mount NFSv4 with kerberos on Debian Wheezy

On 06/14/2013 02:13 PM, Chuck Lever wrote:

On Jun 14, 2013, at 3:49 PM, John Haiducek <jhaiduce@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jhaiduce@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

On Jun 14, 2013 11:05 AM, "Chuck Lever" <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2013, at 1:57 AM, John Haiducek <jhaiduce@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:jhaiduce@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
> > Jun 11 20:28:23 tbm rpc.gssd[8959]: Name or service not known while getting full hostname for 'tbm.enterprise.local'
>
> gssd thinks your client's hostname is "tbm.enterprise.local," which has no DNS entry.

That is the correct client hostname, and according to the 'host' command it is in dns. What would cause the host command to find it when gssd can't?

The error message is from utils/gssd/krb5_util.c:get_full_hostname(). If get_full_hostname() fails, then gssd can't search your client's keytab.

Figure out why that getaddrinfo(3) call is failing to find a canonical name for "tbm.enterprise.local" -- that could be a client system configuration problem as much as a DNS misconfiguration.

Incidentally, I have a dual-stack network (ipv4 and ipv6). My best guess is that ipv6 is not part of the problem; the client and server had missing AAAA records in DNS; when I added those the NFS mount switched automatically to using ipv6 for the connection but it hangs the same as before.

John