Re: Where in the server code is fsinfo rtpref calculated?

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 12:17:10PM +0100, James Vanns wrote:
> Hi. I'm struggling to locate the region in the NFSv3 server-side code
> where it figures out the block sizes for the FSINFO reply. We have
> servers that do not specify r/wsizes in their exports

There's no way to specify that as an export option.  You can configure
it server-wide using /proc/fs/nfsd/max_block_size.

> and so I need to
> find where this negotiated value between server->client actually comes
> from. How does the server reach the preferred block size for a given
> export?

fs/nfsd/nfssvc.c:nfsd_get_default_maxblksize() is probably a good
starting point.  Its caller, nfsd_create_serv(), calls
svc_create_pooled() with the result that's calculated.

For fsinfo see fs/nfsd/nfs3proc.c:nfsd3_proc_fsinfo, which uses
svc_max_payload().

--b.