recursive ACL inherit

Hello,

When using the nfs4_setfacl tool I've found that recursive operations
fail when using the d or f inheritance flags because nfs4_setfacl
tries to apply them to files as well as directories, which obviously
doesn't make sense.

so

nfs4_setfacl -R -s A:df:OWNER@:RWX,A:dfg:GROUP@:RWX,A:df:EVERYONE@:RX /directory

You would expect to allow:
owner read,write and execute
group read,write and execute
others read and execute
applied to all directories and files under (and including) /directory,
so that newly created files and directories also have the same
permissions

This fails with:
Failed setxattr operation: Input/output error
An error occurred during recursive file tree walk.

When nfs4_setfacl encounters the first file. All directories before
the first file are changed correctly

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug/missing feature?

Also, the man page for nfs4_acl references nfs4_setacl in its SEE ALSO
section, presumably this should be nfs4_setfacl?
Finally, the man page references nfsv4@xxxxxxxxxxxxx in its CONTACT section

NFS Server is Debian 7, kernel 3.2.0-4-686-pae
Clients are Debian 7 and openSUSE 12.3

Thanks for your time