replicas and client support

hi all,

(pls keep me in cc, i'm not subscribed to this list)

i am trying out the replicas feature of exportfs, but i'm unable to get it working.

i would like to know if what i'm trying to is actually implemented in linux (or intended behaviour of replicas in the first place).

2 nfs4 servers with cluster filesystem (gpfs in my case). the os is sl6.4, i've enabled the nfs version 4.1 on the server (from my understanding, 4.0 should be enough?).

i would like to test if the replicas features can be used for failover support of a rw nfs export. ie
a. mount nfs from server1 on client
b. start some IO activity on client on the mounted filesystem
c. poweroff server1
d. after a certain amount of time, IO continues using server2

(the client i'm testing with is also el6.4 atm.)

many thanks,

stijn