NFS client hangs after server reboot

Hello,
we have a FreeBSD 9.1 fileserver and several clients running kernel
3.8.4-102.fc17.x86_64. Everything works fine till we reboot the
server. A fraction (1/10) of the clients don't resume the NFS session
correctly. The server sends a NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID. The client sends
a RENEW to the server but no SETCLIENTID. (this should be the correct
action from my very quick look at RFC 3530). After that the client
continues with a few READ call and the process starts again with the
NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID response from the server. It generates a lot of
useless network traffic.

I enclosed a log of tshark and a kernel log with NFS debugging enabled
(one iteration).

Any suggestions how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Bram.