Re: Allow building nfs-utils directly against GSSAPI

Hi,

>>  I can augment my patch to make use of your changes. Would you be willing to
>>  consider it?
> I when ahead and took Simo's patches but I would like to continue to work
> with on get your Heimdal build working again... What exactly broke?

I thought you were CCed of follow up messages as well.

Basically, Simo's patches fix most of the problems with building on Heimdal
(these problems came from libgssglue direction). Only 3 problems remained, which
I addressed in the follow-up patch:

> 1. On some systems, only libroken.so is available (small fix to kerberos5.m4)
>
> 2. krb5_util.c:check_for_target - Heimdal variant constructs a "pattern"
>    principal and uses krb5_cc_retrieve_cred to get a matching credential.
>    This should work on mit-krb5, so old method of iterating over every
>    credential in cache may possibly be dropped outright and "#$if" guard
>    omitted.
>    For the sake of the above I reformatted the old approach to make it a bit
>    more clear what's going on there.
>
> 3. krb5_util.c:gssd_k5_err_msg - krb5_get_err_text is marked as deprecated,
>    at least on Heimdal. If krb5_get_error_message is available, it should not
>    be reached at all, thus "#elif" guard.

Per issue 2, Simo told me he's going to look at it himself, with a view to remove
"#if" branching altogether (present code at that location is mit-krb5 implementation
specific).

Issue 3 is somewhat not clear to me: should krb5_get_err_text stay at all?
It's deprecated on Heimdal and apparently is not supported on mit-krb5 at all.

Which other kerberos libraries may need to be supported by the code?