Re: RDMA, el6, kernel panic

On Feb 19, 2013, at 6:05 PM, Mark Lehrer <mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have an easily-reproduceable kernel panic with RDMA on el6,
> kernel version 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64
>
> If a client has an NFS filesystem mounted via RDMA, and the Infiniband
> connection goes away on the client without disconnecting from the NFS
> server, the NFS server gives a kernel panic.
>
> Is this a known problem, or should I email the panic output to this
> list?  If it is an unknown problem, I will try on a more recent kernel
> too.

The usual process for seeking help with Enterprise kernels is to contact your distributor and open a bug.

If you want to reproduce with a current upstream kernel (like 3.7), then we are more likely to be able to help.  However, it's possible your distributor has added IB drivers to their el6 kernel that are not available upstream.

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com