Re: Kernels 3.7 and newer break rpc.gssd -n

> > Yes. With commit 05f4c350 + the compilation fix, the problem occurs, but
> > without
> > 05f4c350, the parent (6f2ea7f) works as expected, requesting for service
> > <null>.

> >> When the mount operation fails, is it the first time this client attempts
> >> mount a share on server.example.org, or does the client already have
> >> mounts
> >> of server.example.org, possibly using other security flavors?

> > Yes, the problem occurs on the very first mount attempt.
>
> Thanks for confirming.  Did you try updating nfs-utils on your NFS client to
> 1.2.8-rc1 or later (specifically to replace rpc.gssd)?

Yes, gssd from nfs-utils 1.2.8-rc3 behaves the same way and fails when service
name is not null.

The code in gssd that checks for the service name seems to be the same if I
understand the code correctly.

http://git.linux-nfs.org/?p=steved/nfs-utils.git;a=blob;f=utils/gssd/gssd_proc.c;h=c17ab3bf914526f433fb6c76ace1daa63c10d921;hb=HEAD#l985

        if (uid != 0 || (uid == 0 && root_uses_machine_creds == 0 &&
                                service == NULL)) {
                /* Tell krb5 gss which credentials cache to use */
                for (dirname = ccachesearch; *dirname != NULL; dirname++) {
                        err = gssd_setup_krb5_user_gss_ccache(uid, clp->servername, *dirname);
                        if (err == -EKEYEXPIRED)
                                downcall_err = -EKEYEXPIRED;
                        else if (!err)
                                create_resp = create_auth_rpc_client(clp, &rpc_clnt, &auth, uid,
                                                             AUTHTYPE_KRB5);
                        if (create_resp == 0)
                                break;
                }