Linux 3.7 + Sun solaris 10: Problems when reading dir from application

Hello,

we upgraded our fileserver from Linux 3.2 to linux 3.7.6 and now have
problems when accessing our nfs-mounted user homes from some sun-
applications (i.e. Adobe Framemaker):

In the applications file open box, no files are displayed. When entering
the filename by path, the file can be opened. So it seems some kind of
dir enumeration which is used by the sun applications is broken.

Other programs on the sun like ls work as before and show all files.

We are using NFSv3 (and cannot switch to v4). Our sun is a very old
machine running Sun Solaris 10.

Is there any help?

Thanks and best regards

Ulrich