Cannot see contents of files over NFS share.

I've shares with the following options in export --

anonuid=1000,anongid=1000,secure,no_subtree_check,ro,fsid=0,crossmnt

(Actually it doesn't matter. If I remove all the options except fsid (which's required for nfs4), it still doesn't work.)

I mount the shares with no options and over localhost.

ls works ok, so does cding to various directories and checking it's contents, but that's about it.

No program can read the contents of any file; all of them hang, but can be stopped by an interrupt signal.

--debug --syslog with rpc.nfsd gives nothing at all, just generic startup messages.

On the same machine, I can mount shares from other NFSv4 servers.

Please help!