Re: Comments on the bind-to-local IP patch series I posted?

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 10:45 -0800, Ben Greear wrote:
> I'd really like to get some feedback on whether the patches I posted
> have a chance at upstream inclusion.  If the whole idea is DOA,
> then just let me know and I promise not to ask again for a few
> years :)
>
> Otherwise, if any improvements are needed, I'll be happy to work on
> them.

My stated goal has always been to support this kind of setup through net
namespaces and containers. Now that Stanislav has added that support (at
least for the RPC+NFS clients), why do we need a second solution?

IOW: Is there any reason why you can't just use 'virt-sandbox', for
instance, to start up an lxc session with its own network ip address and
then run your application?

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer