Re: Fatal crash with NFS, AIO & tcp retransmit

--On 23 January 2013 15:34:42 +0000 "Myklebust, Trond" <Trond.Myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I've no idea if they do zero copy to the socket in these situations. If
they do, then they probably have similar issues. The problem can be
mitigated by breaking the connection on retransmission; we can't do that
in NFS < NFSv4.1, since the duplicate replay cache is typically indexed
to the port number (and port number reuse is difficult with TCP due to
the existence of the TIME_WAIT state).

If you break the connection, and the written data is now not available
to dom0 (as it's been mapped out), how would it ever get resent? IE
it's not going to be available to the RPC layer either.

--
Alex Bligh