Re: NFS client large rsize/wsize (tcp?) problems

On 02-01-13 19:47, Myklebust, Trond wrote:

> You probably have a NIC that doesn't support scatter-gather.

I am not 100% sure, but as it's a satellite set-top-box, with very basic
ethernet connectivity, I'd say you're right on the spot.

Is there a way to workaround that?

>> As a temporary workaround (for "dumb users" that don't know what a mount
>> option is, yes it's awful!) I'd like to modify the kernel of the clients
>> to negotiate a smaller buffer size, 32k would probably suffice. I've had
>> a few shots but have not been successful yet, can you give me a pointer
>> please?

> man nfsmount.conf

Thanks for the hint, I didn't know that! Unfortunately I can't use it,
because the mount command on the stb is a "busybox" version, so it's
very basic, and doesn't check this file (checked it using strace...)