Re: Labeled NFS [v5]

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:34:08AM -0500, David P. Quigley wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 10:23 AM, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 01:15:34AM -0500, David Quigley wrote:
> >>The NFSv4 working group has finally accepted Labeled NFS as part of the NFSv4.2
> >>specification and it has been decided that a reposting of the Labeled NFS code
> >>for inclusion into mainline was a good idea. The patches have been rebased onto
> >>v3.7-rc2 and have been tested against the SELinux testsuite with the only
> >>failures being for features not supported by NFS.
> >By the way, is there wireshark support anywhere for the labeled NFS
> >protocol?
> >
> >--b.
> >--
> >

> Unfortunately I never got a chance to add it. You can see the label
> pretty clearly in wireshark but it comes up as an unknown attribute
> in the fattr decomposition. If someone knows how to do it I'd be
> glad to help.

It's usually not too hard: last time I needed something I did a

	git clone http://code.wireshark.org/git/wireshark

then grepped through epan/dissectors/packet-nfs.c for something similar
to imitate.  It wa easy to build and run the result from the build
directory.  Then I submitted a patch following:

	http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcContribute.html#ChSrcSend

and the response was quick and helpful.

(But yeah I don't have time to volunteer right now either.)

--b.