Re: Kernel update 3.5.7 -> 3.6.3 breaks NFS4

J. Bruce Fields schrieb am Montag, den 29. Oktober um 16:02 Uhr:

> Re-adding linux-nfs to cc

OK

> I don't understand why the server is dropping requests instead of
> returning errors.  I actually would have expected it to return BADVERF
> to the DESTROY request and then accept the PUTROOTFH normally, which
> might have allowed the mount to succeed despite the bizarre rpc.gssd
> behavior.

Hm rpc.gssd is the one from debian nfs-utils 1.2.6 looking at their custom
patches inside the debian package there is nothing which could cause this.

> I'd be curious to understand what changed on the server to make a
> difference.

Nothing but the kernel. I'm currently dual booting either 3.5.7 or 3.6.3
vanilla kernels on the same system.

> Looking at a network trace from a successful mount with 3.5.7 might be
> useful.

attached.

Sven

--
"C Is Quirky, Flawed, And An Enormous Success."
(Dennis M. Ritchie)

/me is giggls@ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web