Re: kernel BUG at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/fs/lockd/clntxdr.c:226!

> PS: you are presumably running NFSv2 on your Macs. Odd that they should
> default to that...

I dunno if they default to that or we force that.  We have had lots of
problems with Linux NFS, we export our home directories but they are
more or less read only.

Maybe things have gotten better but back in the day I could crash the
kernel with a bk clone to a NFS directory.

We've also had problems with NFS versions, 2 has been stable for us so
we tend to use that when we can.

If you want me to get a rant about how retarded the various NFS versions
are I can go there.  The Sun NFS people absolutely positively did not
understand what RPC version numbers are for.  And they invented them.

Sigh.
--
---
Larry McVoy                lm at bitmover.com           http://www.bitkeeper.com