Re: kernel BUG at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/fs/lockd/clntxdr.c:226!

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM, Boaz Harrosh <bharrosh@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I suspect the BUG_ON() belongs else where.
> Perhaps we should add __func__ to the BUG_ON macro exactly for times
> that source and Kernel get out of sync.

BUG_ON already does the whole "line and file" thing, so the exact
BUG_ON() should be very well pinpointed.

Sometimes various distro changes do make the lines move around, but
clntxdr.c has been very stable, and line 226 has the same BUG_ON in it
in both 3.2 and 3.6, so I seriously doubt that's the case.

And that function is definitely called, it's just that you missed the
magic cpp stuff. See the preprocessor using it like this:

  .p_encode    = (kxdreproc_t)nlm_xdr_enc_##argtype,

so the nlm_xdr_enc_res() function ends up being used as the .p_encode
function for the 'res' argtype.. (and same for testres)

             Linus