Re: kernel BUG at /build/buildd/linux-3.2.0/fs/lockd/clntxdr.c:226!

On 10/12/2012 06:36 PM, Jim Rees wrote:
> Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>   Doing a kernel compile really isn't that bad. The only nasty piece is
>   getting the kernel configuration right, but you can just use the
>   distro config. It's much too big and contains everything, but it will
>   work, and gets you as similar a kernel as possible. Of course, Ubuntu
>   has made installing your own kernel stupidly complicated (you have to
>   build a package and install it using the package manager), but while
>   it's an annoying extra step or two (compared to just doing a "make
>   modules_install install"), it's not rocket surgery.
>
> I install kernels on Ubuntu every day of the week and twice on Sundays, and
> never jump through their silly hoops.  The only magic is making the
> initramfs, if you use one.
>
> make install modules_install
> update-initramfs -c -k 3.6.1 (or whatever)

I thought "make install" is suppose to call a distro specific
driver script to do exactly that initramfs thing.

Some good sole should just fix it up on Broken ubuntu. I would
but I don't use ubuntu I use Fedora.

Just "which installkernel" usually /sbin/installkernel and fix
in there, I think.

> update-grub

And that too, it's a new grub2 thing, right

Cheers
Boaz