Re: Stale NFS file handle - persistent error

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 03:06:07PM +0200, Carlos Jiménez wrote:
> I have a computer acting as an NFS Server running a Debian based
> distro

Could you be more specific?  What kernel version exactly, and what
filesystem are you exporting, and what are the export options?

What version of NFS are you using?

> and several hosts running CentOS 6.2 acting as NFS clients
> (for a virtualization environment). Every time more often "Stale NFS
> file handle" errors appear when trying to copy a file from one
> directory to another (both in the nfs shared directory).

I assume you're not doing anything else with either file or directory at
the same time?  (E.g., not deleting or renaming the file while it's
being copied?)

--b.