Re: stale or not stale

----- Original Message -----

I think it would be worthwhile to add here that the the remove was not concurrent with the write, and at the time of the NFS write a new file with the same name existed, yet fh decoding picked up the old inode instead of reporting -ESTALE. FS was ext4.

In fact seen two things happen - n_link = 0 and n_link = 1, and in both cases we knew the file was unlink()ed and re-creat()ed.