Re: 2 NFS server for the same mount point ?

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 12:05:40PM -0500, Maiko Langelaar wrote:
> > Yes, you can.
>
> Just to be on the safe side, I should be a bit more clear on this.
>
> Both of the NFS servers will be running simultaneously, both
> exporting the same mount points for the same subnet.

If you're asking whether it's safe for A and B to both be exporting
something named (for example) "/home"--sure, that's fine.

(If you want the exports from both servers to actually see the same
data, with changes made through A reflected on B and vice versa--at that
point you need a cluster filesystem backing the exports and things
become more complicated.  But I think that's not what you're asking
for.)

--b.