Re: idmapd client-side static mapping

Hi,

I sent the patch in the separated email and now I hope for the best :)

Some more notes: if one configures only the "Static" translation method nowadays, any translation of id to name does not occur (since it is not implemented), return code of the nfs4_uid_to_name() function will be 0 which is set by init function in libnfsidmap.c:357 and you get empty string as the result which puzzles the client and completely freezes the system. It can be triggered by e.g. issuing "chown 1000 /nfs4mnt/testfile". I think that more correct behavior would be to return -ENOENT if there are no plugins with a given translation function. This is not included in the patch sent.

By the way, is there a reason why the function like nfs4_name_to_uid or its "gid" partner does not return "nobody/nogroup" when it fails to do the translation? On my system, it is set to a random value (uninitialized int) in this case.

Jiri Horky