Re: Help with NFS over 10GbE performance - possible NFS client to TCP bottleneck

Chuck recently brought this to my attention:

Have you tried looking at the RPC statistics average backlog queue
length in mountstats? The backlog queue gets filled with NFS requests
that do not get an RPC slot.

I assume that jumbo frames are turned on throughout the connection.

I would try some iperf runs.  This will check the throughput of the
memory <-> network <-> memory path and provide an upper bound on what
to expect from NFS as well as displaying the MTU to check for jumbo
frame compliance.

I would then try some iozone tests, including the O_DIRECT tests. This
will give some more data on the issue by separating throughput from
the application specifics.

-->Andy