Re: [Problem]NFS Server – Umount results in Device Busy.

2012/6/7, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 11:13:04AM +0300, Boaz Harrosh wrote:
>> On 06/07/2012 10:47 AM, Namjae Jeon wrote:
>> > As you know, Currently umount results in busy on NFS server although
>> > user tried to succeed to umount on NFS client.
>> > I suggest to add umount procedure to avoid umount busy issue.
>> > When calling umount on NFS client, The resources(exportfs entries
>> > cache) of mount point will be flushed on NFS server. and umount will
>> > be succeed without busy issue.
>> >
>> > how do you think about this suggestion ?
>
> I'm not sure how adding an "unmount" rpc to the protocol would really
> help here, if that's what you're asking for.

Since, at the NFS server it is just a normal device which is mounted.
So, After NFS client operation is over and it has successfully
unmounted. Then at the Server side the umount should be transparent.
As suppose if the user does
umount /mnt -> he might not have knowlege that is NFS mounted and
could think this to be issue.
  So - if we should have a transparent mechanism for umount at NFS server also
  NFS Server
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt
NFs Client :
mount -t nfs <IP>: /mnt /mnt
umount /mnt
After this if a user wants to disconnect USB device - there should be no problem