Re: How to manage EDQUOT on the server side

Malahal Naineni a écrit :
Are you using Linux client?
Yes.

 I think there is a bug where the client
reports EIO rather than QUOTA/NOSPC errors under some circumstances.
Do you have more informations about those circumstances ? I just ran "dd" until I exceed my data quota's hard limit.

   Regards

      Philippe

I didn't know about client looping on the same WRITE call though!

Thanks, Malahal.

DENIEL Philippe [philippe.deniel@xxxxxx] wrote:
Hi,

I am currently busy with implementing quota management in my nfs
server (nfs-ganesha).
I have efficient way to make NFS3_WRITE detecting an IO that exceeds
data quota, and use that to return NFS3ERR_DQUOT.
Wireshark shows me that nfs reply contains NFS3ERR_DQUOT, but the
client starts looping on the same WRITE call. By the end, by test
application (a simple 'dd') end with "I/O Error".
Did I miss something when implementing this ?
I had no rquotad running for the share at the time the test was
running, should I have a co-related rquotad running as well ?

   Regards

      Philippe