Re: linux-image: on nfs4 server: RPC: AUTH_GSS upcall timed out Please check user daemon is running

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 12:58:46AM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 14:10:57 -0500, "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 09, 2011 at 01:31:08PM -0500, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> > > Thanks, that's useful.  Do the clients need to run cachefilesd as well
> > > to take advantage of delegation?
> >
> > No.
>
> Is there a way that i can check to be sure that delegations are actually
> happening?

On the client I suppose you'll eventually start seeing DELEG_RETURN
calls in /proc/self/mountstats.  On the server side the
nfsd4_delegations line of /proc/slabinfo should give a hint.

> What kind of performance improvement would you expect to see
> with delegatons happening on, say, a standard desktop user's homedir
> workload?

I don't know.  If you get any test results that would be interesting.

--b.