Re: "Using NFS over UDP on high-speed links such as Gigabit can cause silent data corruption."

Chuck Lever wrote:

  As above, most other uses of UDP do not involve large packets.  But I
  wonder if it is appropriate for us to suggest a change in the default
  setting.

A minute is certainly too long.  Just a guess, but 4 seconds seems
appropriate to me.  That's good enough for gigabit ethernet.  Anyone running
fragmented 10G networks gets what they deserve.

Yes, you can have more than four seconds of data in flight at moderate
speeds, but unless something is terribly wrong the fragments should come in
very close together.