Re: mount hangs in NFS4+Kerberos setup

> > What's your suggestion to improve/secure my configuration?
>
> I already told you that you need a backport of the latest version of
> libtirpc. The Version included in squeeze is broken.

You recommended to use backports. As you now say the lib is broken
things are different and I finally solved my problem.

For those who face similar issues I sum up my last steps:

- include squeeze-backports and upgrade nfs-common, nfs-kernel-server
  to version 1.2.4 and Linux kernel to 3.2
- replace portmap by rpcbind
- install version 0.2.2 of libtirpc from unstable (forced new libc6)
- remove pseudo root from /etc/exports
- use AES keys for Kerberos

Thanks to all for your helpful hints! :)

regards
  knut

------

# dpkg -l ...
ii  libnfsidmap2                                0.23-2                                      An nfs idmapping library
ii  nfs-common                                  1:1.2.4-1~bpo60+1                           NFS support files common to client and server
ii  nfs-kernel-server                           1:1.2.4-1~bpo60+1                           support for NFS kernel server

ii  libgssrpc4                                  1.8.3+dfsg-4squeeze5                        MIT Kerberos runtime libraries - GSS enabled ONCRPC
ii  librpcsecgss3                               0.19-2                                      allows secure rpc communication using the rpcsec_gss protocol
ii  libtirpc1                                   0.2.2-5                                     transport-independent RPC library
ii  rpcbind                                     0.2.0-4.1                                   converts RPC program numbers into universal addresses

ii  linux-image-3.2.0-0.bpo.1-686-pae           3.2.4-1~bpo60+1                             Linux 3.2 for modern PCs