Re: mount hangs in NFS4+Kerberos setup

On 02/10/2012 07:21 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
On 02/10/2012 01:07 PM, steve wrote:
Officially, you should not export from a pseudo root. Please see the
last few lines in the link I sent.
That link offers the same assertion but no explanation for it.  Can you
explain why that's the recommendation?
Sorry, no. I can however explain why we changed: We were having problems with idmapd uid:gid mappings from the bind mount and just as an experiment we tried the old way. Problem solved.

If an admin were to remove fsid=0 from their exports line, they'd also
need to adjust the paths in all the connecting clients, right?

	--dkg
No. If you are exporting /export fsid-0 and crossmnt-ing /export/opt, you mount server:/opt client/somewhere. The only file you change is /etc/exports on the server, to contain the old style mount spec.
/opt yourIPs(rw,sec=none:sys:krb5. . .)
The client sees exactly he same path.

HTH
Steve