Re: [patch] svcrdma: endian bug in send_write_chunks()

On Thu, 2012-01-12 at 11:21 -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 09:47:22AM +0300, Dan Carpenter wrote:
> > Sparse complains because arg_ch->rs_length is declared as network
> > endian but we're treating it as CPU endian.
>
> This looks like it would actually change behavior on a little endian
> architecture, so how did this work before?
>
> >From some quick grepping, I see assignments both of the form
>
> 	...rs_length = ntohl(...)
>
> and
>
> 	...rs_length = htonl(...)
>
> but only see one declaration for a field named rs_length.
>
> So my best guess would be that the code is ugly but working as is, and
> needs cleanup by someone who knows how this field was intended to be
> used.

It looks to me as if rs_handle and rs_offset are being similarly abused.
Basically, we need a serious clean up in svc_rdma_marshall.c to separate
out those variables that are in XDR-encoded form and those that are not.

--
Trond Myklebust
Linux NFS client maintainer

NetApp