Any update on gss/krb5 no_root_squash issue

The HOWTO mentions:

4.5 A known issue using NFS with kerberos

Even if "no_root_squash" option is used, while exporting a filesystem at the
server, root on the client gets a "Permission denied"  error when creating
files on the mount point.

This is because there is no proper mapping between root and the GSSAuthName.

And indeed, I continue to see this on Fedora 16.  Are there any better
workarounds for this now?  Any hope of this getting fixed?  I need to have root
access to certain directories, mainly for backups.

Thanks!

 - Orion Poplawski