Re: NFSv4 fsid=0 export still necessary?

Harald Dunkel wrote:

  Question: Is the common root directory optional? Since NFSv3 doesn't
  support this name space feature, wouldn't it be more wise to omit
  the root directory?

The server root directory combined with SRV records to locate server roots
would give us a universal name space, something I've been advocating for
since the beginning of v4.  But today our universal names all seem to start
with "http:".