Re: [BUG?] Maybe NFS bug since 2.6.37 on SPARC64

It's still a mystery to me because I use nfsroot all the time and it works
for me.  But I was never able to get static addressing to work and have had
to depend on the in-kernel dhcp.  And I have a different ethernet card that
maybe resets faster.  I have run into problems later in the boot, when user
space remounts the root, but that's not what you're seeing.

As for a fix...  we're trying to move away from udp transport anyway.  Maybe
someone should figure out a way to get it to work with tcp?  I have zero
experience with nfs over udp, at least on linux.  Just for fun, have you
tried tcp transport (proto=tcp)?

As we move toward nfs4 someone will have to give some thought to nfsroot.
It's hard to imagine we could put enough nfs4 cruft into the kernel (gssd,
idmapd) to make it work.