Re: NFS4ERR_STALE_CLIENTID loop

* Myklebust, Trond (Trond.Myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> [...]

Indeed, it is a quite the dilemma.

I agree that giving and guaranteeing unattended data loss is bad (data
loss at the behest of an operator is ok, afterall they can always fence
a broken machine).

Looking at some of the logs again, even going back to the very original
case, it appears to be about 600us between retries (RTT=400us).  Is
there any way to make that less aggressive?, eg 1s? -- that'd reduce the
impact by three orders of magnitude.  What would be the down-side?  How
often do you expect to get a BAD_STATEID error?

..david