nfsv4 and gracetime / leasetime grace_period

Hi all!

First, just a question to make clear, with nfsv4 rpc.statd and nfslock are
not needed ? The Clients are not notified with sm-notify in case of a reboot
- is this correct?
But how does the notification of clients work with nfsv4?

The problem I can see is the same as described here:
http://www.digipedia.pl/usenet/thread/18978/22974/

So we have different values:

/proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4gracetime
/proc/fs/nfsd/nfsv4leasetime
/proc/sys/fs/nfs/nlm_grace_period

If I set graceteime and grace_period to a low value, I get a faster
failover. But what do they stand for and do I need nfsv4leasetime to ?
If I set them all to 10 seconds, could that be "dangerous" (assume the
server can handle the additional load)?

I guess there isn?t an easy way to delete all the locks on serverside and
explicitely tell the clients: Hey, the server has rebooted, please get a new
lock for all your files? :-)
I just would like to make failover a bit faster.

Thanks a lot!
Tim