Re: shouldn't rpc_pipe_upcall message structs be __attribute__((packed)) ?

Jeff Layton wrote:

  The blocklayout upcall is even more scary as the width of the status
  field is not explicit:

  struct bl_dev_msg {
          int status;
          uint32_t major, minor;
  };

I'll take the blame for that one.  I will queue up a fix.

Making the blocklayout upcall struct packed might still be possible since
it's not officially released until 3.1, but I'm terrified of making changes
at this point in the release cycle that aren't actual bug fixes.