Re: Problems with kerberos auth - possibly against ADS - since nfs-utils-1.2.3

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 10:16:14AM +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 12:43:07 -0400 "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 07:19:06PM +1000, NeilBrown wrote:
> > > I think that does exactly describes what we were seeing.
> > > We ended up working around it by adding
> > >
> > >   default_tkt_enctypes = des-cbc-md5 des-cbc-crc des3-cbc-sha1
> > >
> > > to the client config, and recommending a server upgrade.
> > >

> > > BTW I've been trying to track down why a successful kerberos negotiation
> > > sends a corrupted RPCSEC_GSS_DESTROY request just before closing the
> > > connection.
> >
> > (No useful comment here, just: thanks!  That was driving me crazy, till
> > it just stopped happening for no apparent reason, before I got a chance
> > to look any closer...)
>
> It stopped happening?  You mean it is already fix?  Have I been look at old
> code AGAIN ??

I just assumed it was intermittent.

And, OK, all I noticed was that my tests started working again--I didn't
look to see if the bogus DESTROY's were still being sent.  They may have
been unrelated to whatever test failure I was seeing at the time!

--b.