State of NFSv4 VolatileFilehandles

We at IBM receiving multiple customer requests for supporting NFSv4 server migration. I have referred to Trond and Chuck's presentations at 2011 Connectathon and there appears to be sizable work remaining. I am not sure if there is any progress made since those talks.

I would like to open up a discussion thread on the mailing list to understand the latest status. Also would like to get the input on the Volatile Filehandles (VFH). I searched the mailing list, and could not
find any recent discussion on this.

Some discussion points:
- What are the pieces left to attain full client/server support for seamless server migration? - Any discussion/sugestions on the way to implement VFH? As described in RFC 3530 sections 4.2.3 and 4.2.4? - Are there any community efforts going / about to start in this area? so that we can partner and get
  things done instead of duplicating the work.

Thanks a lot for your help
JV