A problem about pnfs+ext4

In the pnfs + ext4 test,we found a problem: when writting a file in pnfs
we can not read the contents from ext4. After studying we found that
ext4 extent have a  initialize flag, when pnfs call fallocate, the flag will
be set to 1, but after pnfs writting data by truncate, the flags can not
be set to 0. If the flag is 1,ext4 can not read the content.
Now,in ext4 code,The only wan that ext4 set the flag to 0 is DIO.
Do you know how to solve this problem?

Best regards,
Janson