Kerberos + LDAP + NFSv4 on Ubuntu Natty - Unable to recover unattended client

Hi all,

I've filed a bug report on Launchpad that addresses a reliably hung NFSv4 client that's authenticating with sec=krb5. It seems unlikely that this issue is indicative of an NFS bug, but I thought I might appeal to you guys for some insight. Anything you can offer would be very much appreciated. My bug report is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/794112

As I mention in the report, the outstanding evidence from the syslog is an awful lot of "Error: state manager encountered RPCSEC_GSS session expired against NFSv4 server 192.168.0.2." The mailing list archives would seem to indicate that this is simply due to Kerberos ticket expiration, though I have trouble imagining that the nfs/krb5 toolchain would fail so catastrophically under such common circumstances. I suspect misconfiguration, though I'm too much of a n00b to identify any problem areas in my setup.

Again, anything you can offer would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!~Brian 		 	   		  --